Thursday 13 November 2008

Out of my window...

Image taken from here.

They go on saying that the world is changing, or better, is changed. The new President of United States of America, is the final sign of this change.

Before the election I was (most of all) curious to see whether Americans were brave enough to elect a President like Obama. Yes, you need courage to have such a President, for several reasons that I'm not going to investigate here. I'm happy that he's been elected, because, even though I'm not American (and proud to be Italian, despite Silvio...), I'm aware of the great influence of U.S. on the world. I'm happy because he seems to be a man able to do unpopular choices.

Since the day of his election I see people exulting there(in America) and here (in Italy). It is clear why Americans are happy about it, but it is not so clear to me why the Italians are so happy! I mean, we're governed by the same people as before, the only hope for us is... an invasion(remember Fascism?)! And what is more, we would have never elected such a candidate! And I'm not talking about the colour of his skin! I'm talking about those unpopular choices that we're not able to do... We want our leaders to be the image of what we would like to be, and not real persons who tell us what the real problems are.

So, keep on celebrating, but out of my windows it is still raining...

1 comment:

- A - C - said...

it's a crude truth, but it's the truth. We would never be able to elect someone like Obama.

Unfortunately.